We will observe the following hours of operation until further notice.
Masks or face coverings are REQUIRED for entry and must be worn at all times except while actively eating, drinking, or smoking. Must be 21 to enter hotel, gaming, restaurants, and entertainment areas.
Chitimacha Tribe of Louisiana Announces Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel to Open May 19, 2020 at 10 a.m.
The Chitimacha Tribe of Louisiana and Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel is excited to announce the safe and strategic reopening of the casino hotel to
the public on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. The casino hotel will observe a phased reopening as restrictions and social distancing protocols
To that end, guests can expect temporary changes in operational hours, capacity limitations, as well as newly implemented sanitation protocols.
The casino will operate daily from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. with changes made to the gaming floor to encourage social distancing and limited restaurant
offerings. Cafe Delphine and Mabel’s Kitchen will operate with reduced hours during this first phase. Hotel, bingo, valet, banquet, and other
restaurant operations are all suspended until further notice. Casino promotions, entertainment, and events that encourage gatherings will also
be suspended until further notice.
Upon arrival, guests will enter the facility through the main entrance on the larger side of the property. All team members and guests will be
required to submit to a non-invasive temperature check to enter the facility. Guests will be provided with disposable face masks and gloves
for use while visiting the property. While face masks are not a requirement to enter the facility, it is highly encouraged.
“We are excited to welcome our guests and team members back safely to the property,” said Mike Howard, General Manager and CEO at Cypress Bayou
Casino Hotel. “While there are significant changes to our operations at this time, we have taken measures to ensure that our guests will still
enjoy the high level of service that they have grown accustomed to in a fun, friendly, and safe environment,” Howard continued.
Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel will continue to engage in frequent enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the property and encourage
frequent hand washing to ensure the safety of guests and team members. Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed around the gaming
floor and in high traffic areas around the facility. Further, all team members are required to attend training as it relates to the newly implemented
enhanced sanitation protocols. Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel will closely monitor all available information including updated recommendations
from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, State, and Tribal health authorities.
Please see below for more information regarding promotions, points, and more!
Like many of you, we are responding as quickly as possible to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. We are closely monitoring all available information
including updated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, State, and Tribal health authorities. We will remain
closed for the foreseeable future until we receive recommendations from local health officials that it is safe to reopen.
We know these are difficult times, but we are in this together. Our hearts and prayers are with all of you and we deeply appreciate your business,
loyalty, and patience during this time. We pray for a speedy recovery to all those impacted by this virus.
We understand that the closure of our property was necessary to ensure that we help slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our state and
we will continue to support the many ongoing efforts to “flatten the curve”. We are committed to providing you with peace of mind as you visit
our facility in the future. We have ensured that our property has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized for your safety. We will continue our
rigorous sanitation and enhanced cleaning process once we reopen. We look forward to welcoming you and our team back to Acadiana’s favorite
place to play, stay, and dine!
Frequently Asked Questions
We know you have some questions regarding your activities at Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel; so, we have provided information below for the most frequently
Q: What is going to happen to my entries for the promotions I was included in when the casino closed?
• A: Once we reopen and have new approved dates from the Chitimacha Gaming Commission, the following postponed promotions
will pick up where they left off:
• $1,500 March Birthday Drawing – Previously scheduled 3/25/2020
• $40,000 High Stakes Bingo – Previously scheduled 4/4/2020
• Club 55 Hot Seat Drawings – Previously scheduled 3/17/2020, 3/24/2020, & 3/31/2020
Q: Will my tier benefits suffer due to closing?
• A: No.We will postpone tier downgrades until January 1, 2021. We are excited to announce that you will retain your existing Club Cypress card status during this time.
Q: What will happen to my birthday benefits?
• A: Qualifying guests will have those benefits available to them for 30 days after re-opening.
Q: What will happen to my expired offers?
• A: Once we reopen, we will send new offers based off of play, excluding the closure period, for qualifying guests. Be sure
to watch your email inbox and your mailbox for these in the future.
Q: Can I make a hotel or RV reservation?
• A: While we are closed we are not accepting reservations as we do not know of a reopening date.
Q: I need to file my taxes. How do I get a copy of my Win/Loss statement at this time?
• A: Please click here for the Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel Online Win/Loss Request Form.Please DO NOT fax the form in during the closure and complete the form online.
Q: I won a taxable jackpot and I need to file my taxes. How do I get a copy of my W2G at this time?
• A: Call us at 1-800-284-4386 and ask to speak with Glenda Whitaker.
Q: Can I cash in my slot tickets when casino reopens?
• A: Unexpired
slot tickets will remain valid and can be redeemed or used for play. Slot tickets that have expired during the closure period will be redeemable
at a cashier window once we are able to reopen.
Maintaining A Safe Environment
On top of our already rigorous cleaning processes, we are taking the following steps to ensure public safety:
• Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed around the gaming floor as well as in back-of-house operations.
• We have implemented an enhanced cleaning process which will take place more often and will include the most commonly touched
surfaces. These surfaces include, but are not limited to, slot machines, chairs, tables, door handles, ATM machines, and the like.
• We continue to encourage frequent hand washing and good hygienic practices. The CDC recommends frequent hand washing which
should be timed for at least 20 seconds to ensure maximum effectiveness.
• Guests wearing surgical masks are permitted to enter the gaming floor; however, they may be asked to remove their masks for
identification purposes. As always, a valid photo ID is required to enter the facility.
• We are making investments in additional sanitation equipment for use on the gaming floor.
The health and safety of our guests and team members is our first priority, especially in these challenging and unknown circumstances.
How We Help Our Team Members
We are in constant communication with our many team members and reinforce the recommendations from the CDC, Federal, State, and Tribal health officials
on personal hygiene. We also proactively took the following precautions:
• We provided free, on-site flu shots for all our team members in the past year.
• We have required that all team members stay home if they are feeling unwell.
• We suspended all business-related travel for all team members.
• We have required that all team members who have traveled to Level 2 or Level 3 infected areas report their travel plans to
Human Resources and self-quarantine.
You Can Help Slow the Spread
Cypress Bayou would like to remind you that Fun & Friendly is best served with a dose of Safe & Healthy, so if you’re
tired of singing happy birthday when you wash your hands – give this a try!